I like the idea from an other geocaching blogger to create a list of my favorite caches. Because we have placed a lot of caches , I like to prepare 2 list.One for our owned caches and an other for caches owned by fellow cachers.
Our favorites in Lassithi region:
Lassithi is the easternmost region of the island, with less rain, less density population, and unfortunately less tourism. Probably that’s why there aren’t so many caches and they are far away each other.
- For adventure is Spileo Vriko, which I am very proud, because I was brave enough to go for it, and find it.(I am afraid from closed places) ftf photo
- For multicache is Ambelos-Fantasies, which we had a lot of difficulty to find, but it is a great place anyway. beach photo
- For an archeological site is Hermes and Aphrodite Sanctuary, which I hope soon will be open for the visitors.overview the sanctuary
- For view is Spinalonga vista, which have a really fantastic view at the historical island.
- To visit a gorge the mystery cache at Sarakina gorge. (I have a weakness for gorges)Am I right?
- For hiking is Avasami Pass, at Dikti mountains.It is not always sunny in Crete.
- For geological beauty is Korinna 50.I love rocks, folds and gorges and in Crete we have a lot of interesting place for that.
FAVORITES IN LASSITHI REGION FROM OUR CACHES
- For adventure and unusual nature for Crete is Waterfalls. photo
- To visit an ancient site visit Ancient olive , I admire old olive trees. We have a few caches close to some of them.The TREE
- To visit a gorge go to Kritsa gorge, this is a small gorge, but with a very interesting walk.It is narrow .
- For a lost place is Faros .photo